Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dining area dilemma

To mix or not to... that is the question.

We ended up selling our beautiful dining set we've had since we got married and getting another one. I loved the one we had because it was unique and charming, but it was too big for our small space. We opted to go with a round table which also has an additional leaf if we want to make it larger at some point. Of course I am a die hard white furniture fan so that was what I was on the search for. We sold our old dining room set on KSL for the same price we got the new one, also from KSL.

The new set we got only came with 3 chairs but I can easily go buy the same chair to have a set of 4. I'm currently debating whether I want it all to match or if I want to mix it up, and get different chairs for the table.
 
Before: previous owner's
 Progress 1:
Progress 2:


 Inspiration:

3 comments:

  1. I must tell you Ciara, you inspired me to subscribe to Pottery Barn's catalog. I LOVE your decorating style, and I'm noting things from YOU that are inspiring me :) I love reading this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always paint the chairs you currently have. Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually love what you have done with that area so far! Since that dining area is not in a closed-in room/nook, and in an open space, I like that the all white furniture makes it seem like there is continuous flow. I would go find a matching chair and paint it white, too.

    To add accent color and some more character that your thinking of, I would get/make some nice seat cushions with a nice pattern that has some white in it. And maybe a little rectangle piece of fabric, same color scheme as cushions, but different pattern (with white in it, too) for the middle of the table to place under your center piece.

    It seems like some pretty soft blue and white cushions, or royal blue (the color of the little chairs in your first Inspiration picture) and white cushions would look good with the gray in your walls. But that's my humble opinion. :D

    Izzy ♥

    ReplyDelete