Friday, June 17, 2011

they call me mellow yellow

ok, they don't call me that. it's just the song i sing in my head when i wear my yellow apron or use my awesome yellow mixing bowls from williams- sonoma. i love the little pop of color it adds in our kitchen so i leave them out on our counter-tops. ;) initially i was just wanting to take photo of my pretty apron i was gifted back in december by my awesome friend danielle ;) but then i thought i would also share our dinner since it was delish!

when i whip out my apron and mixing bowls, you know i mean business. it means brett is going to eat good tonight! i made lasagna. yummmm. of course i had to make it as healthy as possible by using, light ricotta cheese and light mozzarella cheese, and veggie smart pasta sauce. i usually only use whole wheat pasta but somehow i grabbed the normal kind. we are big advocates on organic products and eggs that come from cage free hens that were naturally fed, and same with our cows milk and hamburger meat. pretty much if i can find an organic alternative i'll take it. i through in some spinach, since you can never have enough spinach. and viola! dinner is served.




1 comment:

  1. Now THAT'S what i'm talkin' about!!!! That looks delish and probably tasted amazing. And so healthy and fresh. And you looked beautiful making it! I bet Brett was a HAPPY boy! You are a nice wifey...

    ♥Izzy

    ReplyDelete